WELCOME TO THE SCHOOL NURSE'S WEB PAGE!
Jamie Kiernan NJ-CSN, BSN, RN732-531-0480 Ext. firstname.lastname@example.orgMedical Fax # 732-970-8050Join me on Remind: www.remind.com/join/jkierna
- All students trying out for a school sport must have a current yearly physical on file. Please click on my Sports Forms page for a copy of this form.
- If a student has had a sports physical in the last 365 days and it is on file in the Nurse's office you may click on "Health Update/Repeat Athlete Form - Schedule C" to download this form. This form is to be completed and signed by a parent and handed into the Nurse's office PRIOR to student trying out for a sport.
- The State of NJ highly recommends that students get physical examinations at least once during each developmental stage: Early childhood (pre-school through grade 3), pre-adolescence (grade four through six), and adolesence (grade seven through twelve).
- When to keep your children home from school.
- ***Please call or email the nurse if your child is going to be absent and what is going on. ****
If someone has covid symptoms: please test for covid (rapid tests available for free from the school), keep home until fever, vomit and diarrhea free for 24 hrs without medications.If someone is positive for covid: stay home for 5 days, if fever free for 24 hrs and symptoms improving then can return on day 6 wearing a well fitting surgery or n95 mask for days 6-10.If someone in the house has covid: please test the student for covid every other day, monitor for symptoms and have them wear a mask for school.General recommendations: wash hands with soap and water, cover your cough and sneeze, and stay home if you are sick. If you have a cold (already tested negative for covid) wearing a mask can be a good way to not share germs with others.We are no longer contact tracing or quarantining close contacts. We will send home a letter of notification if a person in a class is positive for covid so you can monitor for symptoms or test for covid if you would like.